The "IT" Factor
Ever worry about a new employee negatively impacting the workplace culture?
Employees who positively impact the prevailing workplace culture are a much sought after commodity! They just have that something. Call it the IT factor, these people seem to exude a combination of creativity, attention to detail, a sense of urgency, an ability to get people to follow a vision, a pragmatic approach, the ability to delegate, and on and on. Thus, interview questions that determine culture fit may be something to consider. The most successful hires fit both the job and your workplace culture. These are sample interview questions that will help you assess whether your prospective employee is a good match with your workplace culture.
- Describe the work environment in which you are most productive and happy.
- What are the characteristics exhibited by the best boss you have ever had? .
- Describe the management style that will bring forth your best work and efforts. .
- What is the single most important factor that must be present in your work environment for you to be successful? .
- Tell us how you really feel about teamwork? .
- How would your coworkers describe your work style and contributions? .
- Tell us about an occasion when you believe that you delighted an internal or an external customer.
- Describe the role that you are most likely to play on the team.
- How would coworkers describe the role that you play on a team? .
- When working with people, describe your preferred relationship with them.
- How would reporting staff members describe their relationship with you?